The coronavirus pandemic and subsequent economic calamity will be remembered as the top stories of the year along with an extraordinarily contentious presidential contest — which faced extra challenges from Covid-19 and the incumbent president's unprecedented crusade to discredit American democracy. But the system survived, even as it got set back in some ways and improved at the margins in others.
How well do you remember the big moments in the world of democracy reform this past year? Take this quiz to find out.
Thanks to the pandemic, safety has topped security as the biggest voter concern about the 2020 election. But government and independent experts warn that foreign election interference remains a significant threat. How up to speed are you on what a secure election looks like? Take our quiz to find out.
- Swing states build protections around 2020 elections - The Fulcrum ›
- USC launches 50-state election security campaign - The Fulcrum ›
- The 13 states where election security matters most - The Fulcrum ›
- Senate blocks three more election security bills - The Fulcrum ›
Election Day is coming. There's no time like the present to make sure you're all set to participate.
- Wisconsin's debacle is an election security wake-up call - The Fulcrum ›
- How disinformation could sway the 2020 election - The Fulcrum ›
- Fact checking legality of Trump's Covid-19 executive orders - The ... ›
Think you can recognize what congressional districts look like? Take this quiz to see if you can pick out which pieces were drawn on maps by legislatures and which ones are abstract doodles created by our staff.
- Expressing your anger at gerrymandering? There's a font for that ... ›
- Experts identify the worst examples of gerrymandering - The Fulcrum ›