After a year of record-setting voter turnout, nationwide protests for racial justice and equality, and debate over equitable ballot access, it's time to recognize some of the leading players.
To that end, the organizations behind the American Civic Collaboration Awards — better known as the Civvys — announced the slate of finalists, celebrating the accomplishments of people and groups who led the way in 2020.
- 13 democracy reform groups win awards, cash grants - The Fulcrum ›
- 5 groups honored with civic collaboration prizes: The Civvys - The ... ›
Much has been made of the increase in voter participation among young people in 2020. But the act of casting a ballot represents just one method of civic engagement, and young people significantly increased their participation in other political activities last year.
New data released Tuesday by Tufts University's Center for Information & Research on Civic Learning and Engagement found that nearly three times as many people ages 18 to 24 said in late 2020 that they have donated to a political campaign or registered others to vote, as compared to 2018. And the percent of young people who volunteered for a political campaign more than doubled in the same time frame.
- Community engagement as a vital component of civic education ... ›
- Pandemic or not, young people remain key to elections - The Fulcrum ›
- We need to engage unenrolled young voters - The Fulcrum ›
- Youth protesting racism are the civic educators we need - The Fulcrum ›