- Supreme Court blocks citizenship question, at least for now - The ... ›
- High court to voters: You deal with partisan gerrymandering. - The ... ›
- Judges have no role in evaluating partisan gerrymandering ... ›
- Chief Justice Roberts gets blowback for his annual report - The ... ›
Organizer: National Conference of State Legislatures
The 2020s will (likely) be the first redistricting cycle in decades without the Voting Rights Act's "preclearance regime" in effect. Learn about the other sections of the law, how to comply with them (Section 2) and how to avoid being subject to them (Section 3).
Ranked-choice voting kept its blow-out streak alive, besting calls for a new Voting Rights Act in the first Democracy Madness regional championship. RCV won by 29 points, making it the winner of the Voting bracket. It is the first of four democracy reform tactics that will compete in the Final Four in May.
- Ranked-choice voting has momentum and a track record of success ... ›
- Ranked-choice voting could have saved a million ballots - The ... ›
- Maine GOP attempts to eliminate ranked-choice voting - The Fulcrum ›
- Why ranked-choice voting beats approval voting - The Fulcrum ›
- Don't blame Justin Amash. Fix the system that broke him. - The Fulcrum ›
- Can two flawed election systems merge into a better hybrid? - The Fulcrum ›
- Maine may drop RCV in presidential race this fall - The Fulcrum ›
The championship round in the Democracy Madness bracket's Voting region has arrived. And the top-seeded contenders have emerged at the front of the pack. But which one will be victorious?
Ranked-choice voting blew voting at home out of the water, even with all the talk about changing how ballots are cast in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic. RCV has consistently destroyed its opponents throughout the tournament, winning by at least 30 points in every round.
- Local, state governments need to lead on democracy reform - The ... ›
- Coronavirus alters democracy reform world's priorities - The Fulcrum ›
- 2020 is make-or-break time for democracy reform - The Fulcrum ›