Organizer: Vote Run Lead
Join us for a powerful community forum centered on providing support, love, and healing. Hear from frontline experts who will share an election analysis and give us a closer look at the role of women and BIPOC communities in this election and discuss how women paved the way for systematic change in this history-making election.
- The Consequences of Explicit and Implicit Gender Attitudes and ... ›
- How race and gender affect who looks like a winner ›
- Are voters biased against women candidates? - BBC News ›
- Facebook's ad delivery system still discriminates by race, gender, age ›
- Voters' Attitudes About Race and Gender Are Even More Divided ... ›
- Suffrage. Race. Power. A Candid Talk About Race and Gender in ... ›
- Why multi-member districts with fair voting rules would be a boon to ... ›
- Women's representation and the democracy reform movement - The ... ›
- Want different politics? Pay attention to women like these. - Debilyn ... ›
Organizer: American Promise
In this edition of our quarterly Citizen Leaders Book Club, we'll be celebrating both Constitution Day and the centennial of the ratification of the 19th Amendment with author Elaine Weiss! In her latest book, "The Woman's Hour," Weiss examines the decades-long suffragist movement that led to the 19th Amendment and women gaining the right to vote. (Importantly, suffrage for women of color is owing to the work and leadership of suffragists of color that continued well after the 19th Amendment.) In our conversation, we'll discuss the suffragist movement's successes and shortcomings and the inspiration and lessons we, as Americans, can use to form a more perfect union today.