Video: An inside look at the campaign to repeal Pennsylvania’s closed primaries
One million independent voters in Pennsylvania are locked out of voting in primaries. Recent years have seen a consistent drumbeat from local actors on the ground to reform the system and open it up to all voters with bills that have languished in house committees. But something different is brewing in Pennsylvania…and we’re not talking about Yuengling or Rolling Rock!
Featuring: Former PA Senate President Joe Scarnati, Independent Pennsylvanians Director Jennifer Bullock… & special guests!
Hosted by: John Opdycke, President Open Primaries, & David Thornburgh, Chair of Ballot PA
- Bids for open primaries falling short in both Florida and Alaska ›
- Maine joins list of states with open primaries ›
- How open primaries got the most votes and still got rejected in Florida ›
- Alaska decides to switch to open primaries and ranked elections ›
- Open primaries legislation breaks through in New Mexico ›