Video: Nearly 1,500 book bans implemented in the first half of this school year
April 24, 2023
Almost 1,500 school book bans were put into place around the U.S. in the first half of the current academic year, according to PEN America.
An analysis from the group released Thursday found 1,477 book bans were implemented in the first half of the 2022-2023 school year, affecting 874 unique books. In the six months prior, from January to June 2022, there were 1,149 instances of book bans found by the free speech organization.
From Your Site Articles
- Say no to censorship! Renew civic space. ›
- Education could be transformational if politicians would get out of the way ›
- Curriculum regulations and book bans: Modern day anti-literacy laws? ›
- Book banning & bridging gaps among young adults ›
- When are book bans unconstitutional? A First Amendment scholar explains ›
- Book banning: A red flag behavior ›
- Ban book bans: Say no to racist silencing of Black and Brown voices - The Fulcrum ›
Related Articles Around the Web