Business engagement in politics is nothing new, but following the January 6 riot, scrutiny has grown on how corporate political spending may be incentivizing bad behavior among politicians. How can businesses be sure their government affairs and corporate PACs aren't wreaking havoc on our democracy?
Business for America, a coalition of businesses promoting a stronger democracy, and the Niskanen Center collaborated to create a four-part series, Divided We Fall. The third part discusses a model for "corporate political responsibility" and why business has "an enlightened self-interest" in supporting political moderation, trans-partisanship, and an actionable "middle way."
- Matt Gaetz swears off PAC money - The Fulcrum ›
- Business for America - The Fulcrum ›
- Divided We Fall: How Business Can Depolarize the U.S. • Part 3 ... ›
- Business, politics further connected in revised CNBC award - The Fulcrum ›
- The Role of Business in the Democracy Reform Movement - The Fulcrum ›