On this Friday before Halloween, we were thinking about how democracy in our constitutional republic can be filled with tricks or treats for citizens. We compiled a list of both. What would you add? Email us your ideas and we'll share them with our readers next week.
- Gerrymandered map.
- Election interference.
- Algorithms that divide us.
- Voting restrictions.
- Propaganda and disinformation.
- Independent redistricting commissions.
- Election integrity.
- Fun with friends and family, IRL.
- Voting access.
- Factual and trusted journalism.
- Accountability and transparency.
- There is common ground on pieces of the reconciliation bill - The ... ›
- Independent commissions alone can't create fair maps - The Fulcrum ›
- Moving depolarization forward - The Fulcrum ›
- Ask Joe: Navigating holiday tensions - The Fulcrum ›