Voter suppression has a long, dark history in the United States, full of both legal and illegal efforts to prevent eligible people from registering and casting ballots. This podcast playlist examines that history -- and where such efforts are continuing today.
This playlist is part of The Fulcrum's partnership with The Democracy Group, a podcast network at Penn State University. All of its shows are committed to engaging in civil discourse, inspiring civic engagement and exploring the future of our democracy.
- The 6 toughest states for voting during the pandemic - The Fulcrum ›
- New coalition fights voter suppression and misinformation - The ... ›
- Corruption and voter suppression leave a paper trail - The Fulcrum ›
- One step closer to ending Native American voter suppression - The ... ›
- Voter suppression claims undermine important causes and ... ›
- Webinar rewind: What you can do to stop voter suppression - The Fulcrum ›
- Civil rights groups, prosecutors prepare for Election Day - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast playlist: What's next for democracy? - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast: Donna Edwards tells her swamp story - The Fulcrum ›
- Ohio's quarter-mile early-voting lines? That's what voter suppression ... ›
- How Could Voter Suppression Affect the Presidential Election? Look ... ›
- The New Voter Suppression | Brennan Center for Justice ›
- Voter Suppression is Still Obstacle to a More Just America | Time ›
- Block the Vote: Voter Suppression in 2020 ›