On March 25, The Fulcrum brought together three experts on the Electoral College to talk about efforts to revamp the process for selecting a president. Our editor-in-chief, David Hawkings, moderated a discussion focused on alternatives to the current system, including the National Popular Vote compact and proportional representation of the vote.
Our panelists were:
- Kevin Johnson, executive director, Election Reformers Network
- John Koza, chairman, National Popular Vote
- Toni Zimmer, chairwoman, National Popular Vote Taskforce at the League of Women Voters
The full video is available above.
- Closing Electoral College 'more theoretical than real,' RBG says ... ›
- Federal court upholds 'winner-take-all' electoral process - The Fulcrum ›
- The Electoral College will never make everyone happy ›
- Four arguments defending the Electoral College are all wrong - The ... ›
- Electoral College votes should be awarded by formula - The Fulcrum ›
- Why can't states go rogue on the Electoral College? - The Fulcrum ›
- An election timetable change both parties can support - The Fulcrum ›