In the wake of a mass shooting that left 19 people dead in Uvalde, Texas, gun control has reemerged as a dividing line between the left and right in America.
The Fulcrum will gather news and opinions about this wedge issue, focusing on how each side approaches possible solutions to the violence that has once more brought tragedy to the nation.
- We are not helpless
- After mass shootings like Uvalde, national gun control fails – but states often loosen gun laws
- Why gun control laws don’t pass Congress, despite public support and repeated outrage over mass shootings
- There Is No Magic Fix for School Shootings (National Review)
- Here's Where Republicans and Democrats Agree on Guns (AllSides)
- Americans want action on gun control, but the Senate can’t move forward
- Video: dialogue on guns and suicide prevention report
- How conspiracy theories became more personal, more cruel and more mainstream after the Sandy Hook shootings
- First instincts, second thoughts