Ben-Yehuda is president and CEO of the Truman National Security Project, a progressive defense and foreign policy think tank, and the allied Truman Center for National Policy.
- Trump's latest baseless claim about mail voting sows doubts that ... ›
- Efforts to grow turnout may delay election results - The Fulcrum ›
- Total bipartisan rejection of Trump's idea the election be postponed ... ›
President Trump took his crusade against voting by mail to a whole new level Thursday, suggesting for the first time that "delay" of the election is the best way to prevent his re-election from being stolen from him.
The idea was either castigated, dismissed as impossible or disregarded as a silly trial balloon diversion by senior members of Congress from both parties as well as legal scholars.
But it nonetheless intensified the president's efforts to sow doubt about the reliability of the November result — which, if he ends up contesting and refusing to concede defeat, could produce a constitutional crisis posing an unprecedented challenge to democracy.
- Trump states can't afford smooth elections absent more aid - The ... ›
- Coronavirus prompts sweeping changes in state elections - The ... ›
- Trump can't delay the election, but he can derail it - The Fulcrum ›
- Trump suggests delaying election amid 'fraud' claims, but has no ... ›
- No, President Trump Cannot Delay The Election On His Own : NPR ›
- Can Trump cancel the November election because of coronavirus ... ›
- Could the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election Be Postponed? ›
- Can the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election Be Postponed ... ›
Roth is executive director of Fix the Court, a nonpartisan organization that advocates for greater transparency and accountability in the federal judiciary.
- Most back major democracy fixes but skeptical of system's future ... ›
- Overhaul of democracy would expand House, mandate voting - The ... ›
- Top presidential hopefuls, except Biden, open to a Supreme Court ... ›