Video: Does focusing too much on race increase racial conflict?
In this episode, Andre and Todd discuss whether the strong focus on race in our country and the demand by some that white people own their whiteness when it comes to racial issues can lead to backlash among some whites that increases their identification with the white identity and their feeling of being in conflict with non-white groups. They also discuss the role of mainstream and social media and whether the way that the black community is portrayed can heighten white Americans’ feelings that the black community is a threat. How strongly do whites identify with their race? Let’s move to that conversation now.
- Democracy requires us to work on our biases — all of them ›
- Video: The Buffalo shooting, how far have we come on race? ›
- Video: What is it like to be Black in America? A first conversation about race starts here ›
- Video: What is the toll of racial violence on Black lives? ›
- Healing conversations about race ›
- Video: Does race affect our relationships & success in America today? - The Fulcrum ›
- Video: Do white leaders hinder black aspirations? - The Fulcrum ›