Podcast: Is Joe Biden's approval too weak for him to win the 2024 presidential election?
Across more than 230 years of American history, 26 presidents have run for re-election after a full term and only 10 have lost. A mere four have lost in the past century - Herbert Hoover in 1932, Jimmy Carter in 1980, George Bush in 1992 and Donald J. Trump in 2020. Based on recent history, a key question for Biden is whether a president can win reelection with an approval rating in the low-to-mid 40s.
- Podcast: Democrats deep in the heart of Texas ›
- Podcast: Why are Americans so obsessed with fascism? ›
- Podcast: Doing everyday democracy ›
- Podcast: Can we fix the rage machine? ›
- Three practical presidential pledges to promote national prosperity - The Fulcrum ›
- Democrats need a shot in the arm - The Fulcrum ›
- Friendly fire: Interparty fighting ensues to find the next president - The Fulcrum ›
- Grand Canyon gap in America today - The Fulcrum ›