Podcast: Why are Americans so obsessed with fascism?
Fascism has had a firm grip on the American imagination for one hundred years. “Increased polarization in the United States reflects Americans' deepest fears of what might be happening in the polity,” says Bruce Kuklick. “The disruptive politics of Donald Trump has been grist for fascism-obsessed America.”
Kuklick joins Politics is Everything to discuss the roots of fascism in American politics and popular culture based on his new book Fascism Comes to America: A Century of Obsession in Politics and Culture.
- Podcast: The only way anything gets better is if you lean in ›
- Podcast: Can we regain the ability to come back together after elections? ›
- Podcast: Can we fix the rage machine? ›
- Podcast: Democrats deep in the heart of Texas - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast: Leaning into state trends - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast: Is Joe Biden's approval too weak for him to win the 2024 presidential election? - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast: Which states will be the battleground states in 2024? - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast: Can Generative AI Move Politics from ‘Shout with Scale’ to ‘Communications with Scale’? - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast: Can we fix America's financial crises? - The Fulcrum ›