Video: Nikki Haley has tough competition in Trump and DeSantis
Last week, Nikki Haley became the first major candidate to challenge former President Donald Trump in the 2024 Republican presidential primary. She is a former state legislator and two term governor of South Carolina and former ambassador to the U.N. under Trump. If she were to win the nomination, she would be the first woman and first Asian American to lead the Republican ticket.
In this installment of the FiveThirtyEight Politics podcast, the crew discusses what her path to the nomination could look like, given that Trump and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis are the only candidates who currently have sizable support in national polls.
- Time for new presidential candidates in 2024 ›
- Video: How the baby boom changed American politics ›
- Video: Americans are lonely. That has political consequences ›
- Video: Kevin McCarthy is Speaker, but he's got a tough job ahead ›
- Ron DeSantis and political theatre - The Fulcrum ›