Podcast: Separating news from noise
How much news is too much? Or not enough? News Over Noise, the new podcast from Penn State's News Literacy Initiative explores that question and offers guidance on how to consume news that enhances your participation in our democracy without becoming overwhelmed by all the noise on social media and the 24/7 news cycle.
News Over Noise co-hosts Matt Jordan and Leah Dajches join Democracy Works to discuss how the news impacts our mental health, the future of media literacy education, and more. Jordan is a professor of media studies and Dajches is a post-doctoral researcher, both in the Bellisario College of Communications at Penn State.
- New platforms help overcome biased news reporting ›
- Partisan bias divides news consumption for Americans ›
- Meet the Reformer: Jenna Spinelle, fix-the-system podcast impresario ›
- Podcast: Celebrating democracy's small victories ›
- Podcast: How Democrats can harness grassroots energy ›
- Podcast: How positive and negative freedoms shape democracy ›
- Podcast: The backbone of democracy is now the face of fraud ›