With the school year kicking off and the general election campaign intensifying, the time is right to revisit how civics is taught in our nation's schools.
Strong civic education is a necessary component of training the next generation, not just civic leaders but everyday participants in our democracy. This podcast playlist examines efforts to restructure civic education at the K-12 and university levels.
This podcast playlist is part of The Fulcrum's partnership with The Democracy Group, a podcast network at Penn State University. All of its shows are committed to engaging in civil discourse, inspiring civic engagement and exploring the future of our democracy.
- Everyone wants civic education; the rub comes in deciding what that ... ›
- Germany offers example of government-backed civic education ... ›
- The "business case" for civic education - The Fulcrum ›
- Designing youth civic education for representative civic participation ... ›
- Community engagement as a vital component of civic education ... ›
- Democracy requires disagreement, conflict and argument - The Fulcrum ›
- How to reframe elections for new voters - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast playlist: What's next for democracy? - The Fulcrum ›
- Proper governance requires better civic education - The Fulcrum ›
- 2021 could be a year of opportunity for civics educators - The Fulcrum ›
- Lessig's group shifts focus to people, not politicians - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast: America coming together - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast: Millennials' slow climb to political power - The Fulcrum ›
- Together again. Cultivating collaboration - The Fulcrum ›