Podcast playlist: Reforming civic education in our schools
With the school year kicking off and the general election campaign intensifying, the time is right to revisit how civics is taught in our nation's schools.
Strong civic education is a necessary component of training the next generation, not just civic leaders but everyday participants in our democracy. This podcast playlist examines efforts to restructure civic education at the K-12 and university levels.
This podcast playlist is part of The Fulcrum's partnership with The Democracy Group, a podcast network at Penn State University. All of its shows are committed to engaging in civil discourse, inspiring civic engagement and exploring the future of our democracy.
- Everyone wants civic education; the rub comes in deciding what that ... ›
- Germany offers example of government-backed civic education ... ›
- The "business case" for civic education - The Fulcrum ›
- Designing youth civic education for representative civic participation ... ›
- Community engagement as a vital component of civic education ... ›
- Democracy requires disagreement, conflict and argument - The Fulcrum ›
- How to reframe elections for new voters - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast playlist: What's next for democracy? - The Fulcrum ›
- Proper governance requires better civic education - The Fulcrum ›
- 2021 could be a year of opportunity for civics educators - The Fulcrum ›
- Lessig's group shifts focus to people, not politicians - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast: America coming together - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast: Millennials' slow climb to political power - The Fulcrum ›
- Together again. Cultivating collaboration - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast: Making government work - The Fulcrum ›