Podcast: The rise of "Fortress MAGA"
Since Donald Trump entered the presidential race in 2015, his MAGA movement has grown exponentially, attracting millions of fervent followers and directly influencing political leaders across the country. In this episode of The X-Ray, Fernando and Greg Sargent, an opinion columnist at The Washington Post who covers national politics, have a wide-ranging conversation about Trump’s movement, analyzing what Greg calls “the Fortress MAGA phenomenon.” They also dig deep into recent political developments, repercussions from the Ukraine war, and the 2024 elections.
- How Trump is using religion to undermine our democracy ›
- How Trump is turning the American presidency into a dictatorship ›
- When the rules don't apply: They had Boris, we've got Donald ›
- The democracy Trump leaves behind: His 7 most serious tests of the system ›
- Trump 1, Republicans 0 ›
- Podcast: It's Donald Trump's party, again - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast: Biden’s running & Michael Steele wants a word - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast: Andrew Yang leaps forward - will he land? - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast: Fear and loathing in Washington: The debt ceiling - The Fulcrum ›