This week, we are excited to share a video series featuring panel discussions from the Global Democracy Champions Summit co-hosted by Keseb and the SNF Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University. We hope this series will spur dialogue and action to advance inclusive democracy in the US and globally.
Today’s feature is a panel discussion on the state of global democracy. Panelists discussed the trend towards nationalist authoritarianism and highlighted strategies for how to build thriving, inclusive democracies in the 21st century.
Moderator: Anne Applebaum, Senior Fellow, School of Advanced International Studies and the SNF Agora Institute, Johns Hopkins University; Staff Writer, The Atlantic
●Akunna Cook, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of African Affairs, US Department of State
●Salil Shetty, Vice President, Global Programs, Open Society Foundations
●Lisa Witter, Co-Founder of Apolitical and CEO of Apolitical Foundation
Check out the discussion: The State of Global Democracy
We will share one panel discussion from the Summit each day of this week. Come back tomorrow to view “Battling the Effects of Conspiracy Theories and Disinformation.”
|Please visit Keseb and the SNF Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University to subscribe and receive news of future Democracy Champions opportunities.|
- Highlights from the 2022 Global Democracy Champions Summit ... ›
- Global report lists U.S. among 'democratic backsliding' countries ›
- Another grim global report card: A 'flawed democracy' 5 straight years ›
- It's time to build a global pro-democracy movement - The Fulcrum ›
- SNF Agora Symposium on Civic Health Part 2 - The Fulcrum ›