Podcast: Millennial politicians on finding common ground
August 23, 2022
In US politics, bipartisanship is now the exception, not the rule. But the Millennial Action Project is pushing back: it trains young leaders to bridge the partisan divide and work together to solve America’s problems.
This episode of “Let’s Find Common Ground” features two members of the Millennial Action Project from opposite sides of the aisle. They are state representatives from Connecticut, Republican Devin Carney and Democrat Jillian Gilchrest. They discuss the joys and challenges of being a local politician at a time when national politics is so divisive. ‘Get to know me’ is something they often say to constituents who judge them solely on the ‘R’ or ‘D’ after their name.
From Your Site Articles
- Millennial Action Project names Layla Zaidane as CEO - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast: Depolarizing America - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast: We're less divided than we think - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast: Bridge builders in Congress - The Fulcrum ›
- Podcast: How can we bring people together in a polarized age? ›
- Podcast: Companies: Crisis and common ground - The Fulcrum ›
- Primaries and polarization: Is the system broken? - The Fulcrum ›
Related Articles Around the Web